HEX: Shards of Fate is a new free-to-play innovative MMO/TCG being developed by Cyryptozoic Entertainment, the creators of the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game. Taking its expertise into the new title, the devs team uniquely pairs the collectible, tactical gameplay of a trading card game with typical features from a MMORPG such as storytelling, factions and champion customization, and does an incredible evolution in the card design in the Digital part to create an original, engaging experience that takes the TCG into a whole new level.
- Create your Champion character with a choice of 6 classes and 8 races, and fully customize it with talents, gear, abilities, etc.
- Experience a robust, story-driven PvE campaign, exploring Dungeons and joining epic Raids with friends to earn over 300 unique PvE cards and gear, all around card battles
- Collect rarities-tiered gears and equip them to cards to find millions of unique combos and tailor your champion’s winning strategy
- Join or create Guilds, where members can share cards using the guild deck bank, practice in friendly matches or compete in guild sanctioned tournaments
- Buy and sell cards, gear and other in-game rewards in a robust Auction House
- Grow your faction allegiance and earn great faction rewards like unique cards and gear as you complete quests and unlock world-shattering adventures
- Socketed Cards: socket gems (20 different types in Set One) into cards to add special abilities and mix-match to create your own perfect combo
- Transforming Cards: grow this type of cards in mid-match strategically and unlock game-altering abilities like leveling troop up or hatching a mighty dragon from an egg during the fight
- Double Back: flip a card twice to see its Double Back, on which are records of its Achievements (complete all three to unlock its extended art version), Experience (fill in the leveling bar to turn on its foil variant), Trophy case (rewarded for winning tournaments) and other card-specific stats
- Deep Experience: get to know over 350 detailed, unique cards in the first set alone
HEX: Shards of Fate is now in a Kickstarter funding campaign. Based on the 43% completion of its goal in only two days’ launch, it can predict a great success. If interested, players can find more info about the card, story, etc. at its official site and join the many backers.